Each program is developed individually according to the student’s interests and background but must be intellectually defensible and clearly interdisciplinary in nature. In addition to requirements indicated in the table above, the following conditions apply:
- Course work must be selected from a minimum of two academic areas
- Completion of all Foundational Studies requirements
- Major has 45 credits (including approved Communication in the Discipline [CID] course) plus 3 credits of INTDIS 491 project [FF] for a total of 48 credits
- Of the 48 major credits, 30 must be completed after acceptance into the IDS program.
- Completion of the requirements and the approved plan of study, plus electives, must total a minimum of 120 semester hours (including at least 40 hours of upper-division work)
- All courses included in the major must have a minimum grade of “C-” with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.00
- Minor revisions to the plan of study may be approved by the director of IDS upon the recommendation of the student’s advisory committee chair. Major changes must be approved by the university-wide IDS committee.